WELCOME TO NM3E's RF Wattmeter Pages!
Coaxial Dynamics authorized dealer
Stocking new and used CDI and Bird® items.
COPYRIGHT 2003-2015 NM3E.COM, LLC
(email gets a faster response) My phone # is 610-207-4865>>>email is best
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT my Paypal email)
Every Item is tested and guaranteed NOT DOA = it will arrive Working
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED
If the page looks the same after clicking a link please scroll down
METER RELATED ITEMS:
Prices shown do NOT include shipping.
ALL Photos on these pages are the property of NM3E.com, LLC (copyright 2003-2015)
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE LIGHTING SET in a bird 43 or similar meter.
DO NOT worry about the length of the instructions. I stated every small detail even the very obvious.
If you can use a screwdriver YOU CAN DO THIS. I hade my 17 year old read and install one then, the real test, my wife did an install....100% no problems.
The only requirement to drop this in involves the meter type. It must be the newer style meter movement to work nicely. The set will install over the older style but not as nicely. Also if you have a 43 with three rubber bumpers keeping the meter away from the front of the case.….. they will need to be replaced with foam. The foam is included with the set no extra charge.
1. Unpack the lighting set – plug it in and make sure the shippers did not destroy it.
a. Unplug the SET (DO NOT INSTALL POWERED ON)
B. Verify you have all the includes parts = a strip of foam and a tie wrap.
2. Remove the four or six screws holding the meter back, remove the back.
a. Save these and ALL future parts for reassembly
3. Gently place you meter face down on a solid work surface.
b. If you have a peak kit installed it is a good time to remove it.
4. Remove the two screws holding the meter movement mounting ring.
a. Carefully lift the entire meter movement and mounting ring assembly out of the meter. Do not separate the ring and other items from the meter movement.
5. If the front of the meter has stuck on foam skip this step.
a. place the meter movement glass up on the work surface.
b. Remove the Three rubber bumpers from the three holes in the front of the meter.
c. Clean any dirt or debris from the outer edge of the meter rim.
d. Peel back a small amount of the backing.
e. Starting at the top of the meter.. stick the foam to the black plastic meter movement housing, removing the backing as you go, over where the three bumpers were. Cover the entire outside rim cutting off any excess when the ends meet at the top of the meter.
6. Slip the lighting set thru the element hole. Noting the LEDs should be in the middle or towards the top of the mounting plate. Place the LED mounting board across the bottom half of the meter opening. EXACT placement is not critical. It will slide between the foam and cabinet.
7. Gently replace the meter movement in the case. Install one screw in the meter ring. While holding to loose side of the meter against the front of the case, stand the meter up. Prior to securing with the second screw adjust the placement of the LED board. When position is close install the second screw. Use the included tie wrap to secure the power cable to the line section (thru the pre-tied loop. Tie wrap need not be completely tight as it is acting as a strain relief in case you pull on the power cord.
a. If you are installing / reinstalling a peak board now is the time to make it happen – with the board installed hook up the power connection on the board, if that option was purchased. For the PR90/100 the wire on the battery clip should be run back between the contacts.
8. Plug it in and test it. Verify the lights and power work as they should and correct the final placement of the LED board. It should be just low enough to completely cover the meter zero - lower is better. However the final placement is your choice.
9. Replace the meter back and screws, install complete!!!!!!!!!!!
THE LIGHT SET CAN BE INSTALLED IN AFTER MARKET ENCLOSURES.
HOWEVER THE BOARD MAY NEED TO BE TRIMMED TO ALLOW FOR THE METER SCREWS THAT ARE NOT NORMALLY USED IN A 43.
INSTALL SHOULD BE:
mounting should be cabinet face
LED mounting board
foam stuck to meter rim
Else you can glue the board to the black meter surround but then it is permanent